While the list is immeasurable and will continue to change based upon the maturation cycle of a company, the two most important functions of a sales enablement practitioner has, is, and will always be focused on partnering with sellers to, “Accelerate speed-to-revenue and increase productivity.” More than ever companies are pressing them to “do more with less” while still being held accountable for ramping sellers faster and meeting or exceeding revenue targets while not sacrificing quality. Is this realistic? If so, how can it be done?
Given today’s macroeconomic, I believe there has never been a better time to hire a Fractional Enablement Leader. If you’re the founder of a startup, private equity or venture capital firm, or sales leader that is considering working with a fractional enablement leader there is one BIG question that you’ll need to answer before selecting and hiring them.
How do I evaluate and hire the right growth advisor given all of the options today?
Hiring a fractional enablement leader can be a valuable investment for your organization, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly. They can help you improve the performance of your sales team, increase revenue, and drive growth for your business. By identifying areas for improvement and developing a strategy to address them, a seasoned consultant can even help you take your organization to the next level. Just like everything else in life, “Not all things are created equal!” Before beginning your search for the right fractional leader, let’s ensure that you clearly understand the value and process of working with one.
Before jumping into the evaluation process, let’s take a look the role and value of hiring a fractional enablement leader. In other words, what AND why around how this resource will ensure the maximum return on investment (ROI) for you and your company.
What Is Fractional Enablement Leadership?
Many small to mid-market size companies can’t support a full-time enablement leader so they are seeking to find a more cost-effective solution. Adding a fractional enablement leader offers strategy, planning, and implementation when and however long you need it. These consultants work part-time with your organization, providing strategic guidance, proven best practices, and insights based upon what the best organizations on the planet are doing today.
Hiring a fractional enablement leader, will provide you with:
- Reduce Risk: Hire a seasoned, successful expert to build your enablement function correctly.
- Minimize Executive Compensation Investment: You pay as you go, based upon your business needs and requirements.
- Maximize Investment: Leverage the experience of a proven enablement leader at a fraction of the cost.
- Advisory Support: Provide strategy, guidance and prioritization when it’s time to hire your permanent team.
Why Hire a Fractional Enablement Leader?
Fractional enablement leaders partner with CEOs, CROs, and CMOs to create the frameworks, programs, and processes that your go-to-market organization needs to increase sales efficiency. If you have no experience with sales enablement, it can be challenging to know what good looks like, and hiring your first head of this function can be a difficult task. A fractional enablement leader can help your company to navigate through the complexities of building and defining your blueprint to success!
What Should You Look for In a Fractional Enablement Leader?
Once you understand the value of hiring a fractional enablement leader, here are (5) mandatory components that will help you to validate their expertise and maximize the ROI on your company’s investment.
- Expertise & Tenure: A fractional enablement leader should have a proven methodology that will lead to a deep understanding of your company’s ideal customer profile (ICP), buyer’s journey, as well as your company’s sales process, stages, sales motions and the challenges that your sales teams face. This will allow them to identify strengths as well as areas of improvement (soft spots), such as lack of training or ineffective sales processes, and develop a strategy to address them.
- Efficiency: A fractional enablement leader must understand and be able to articulate how they can help streamline your sales process, making it more efficient and effective. This means identifying bottlenecks and implementing best practices, a consultant can help your sales team close more deals in less time.
- Improved Performance: With the right mix of training and enablement, your sales team can perform at a higher level. A fractional enablement leader can help identify areas where your team can improve as well as provide training and resources to help them reach their full potential tied to revenue-impacts metrics and measurements.
- Increased Revenue: By improving the performance of your sales team, you can increase revenue and drive growth for your organization. A fractional enablement leader can help you achieve this by identifying areas for improvement leading through a flexible strategy designed to identify and address them.
- Scalability: A fractional enablement leader can help you scale your sales operations to meet the needs of your growing business. They can help you build sales enablement processes, programs, and platforms that is flexible and adaptable, making it easier for your organization to scale and grow.
Ready to Boost Your Sales Performance Through Effective Enablement?
Roderick Jefferson & Associates can help your sellers to close more deals by optimizing your sales processes, improving your team’s selling skills, accelerating speed-to-revenue and increasing seller productivity!
Click here to schedule a complimentary meeting.
Thanks for sharing your time and looking forward to your feedback! If you’d like to stay connected on social media, follow us on LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook